The LifeBalance Health Adventure provides employers with a turnkey, company-wide fitness and weight management challenge.
The Health Adventure Challenge encourages participants to increase exercise levels, engage in healthy activities and monitor their weight. The challenge allows participants to set goals, log exercise and calculate calories burned, monitor progress and access educational weight management and fitness resources.
Additionally, general reporting functions, client customization, a built-in group communication system, promotional tools, best practices guidelines, and much more are included in Health Adventure offerings.
Health Adventure Components Include:
- Health Adventure Webpage and Dashboard: Health Adventure clients receive a custom webpage on the LifeBalance website dedicated specifically to Health Adventure. Links to this page are highlighted for participants on the LifeBalance homepage and distributed to participants in challenge promotional materials. The page is only accessible to clients and their employees. After employee registration, each individual has access to the personalized Dashboard on the Health Adventure webpage page. The Dashboard provides complete access to all of the tools and educational content available through the challenge.
- Goal Stetting & Tracking: Once a participant is registered for the challenge, he or she will utilize the Weight and Exercise portion of the Dashboard to set goals in each department. Thereafter, participants will visit these areas to log weight changes and all physical activity performed during the challenge.
- Individual Reporting: The Progress tab in the Dashboard is designed to show participants their progress throughout the challenge as well as individual rankings.
- Water Cooler: The Water Cooler is a central message board in the Health Adventure Dashboard that is immediately visible to all participants upon visiting the Health Adventure page. Challenge administrators can post updates, prize announcements, answers to participant questions, motivational tips and any other messages in this area for all participants to see. Participants can submit questions, feedback, information on group activities, walking tips and routes, encouragement and other messages to be posted in the Water Cooler. Participant submissions are reviewed by LifeBalance representatives and/or program administrators before they are posted to ensure that posts are relevant and appropriate.
- Fitness and Weight Management Resources: The Resources section of the Dashboard provides members with various educational exercise and weight management content provided by LifeBalance and/or clients. Additionally, links to LifeBalance Wellness Quizzes and to searches for exercise and weight management related vendors are also included on this tab.
- Prizes (optional): This portion of the Dashboard gives detailed information about challenge prizes. It is also updated throughout the competition to display prize winners. LifeBalance customizes prize notification so that individual prize winners are notified of their prize after logging in.
Additional Health Adventure Client Services & Challenge Reporting
- Program Administrators: Each client may select one or more individuals who are granted administrative access to the Health Adventure webpage. Administrators may view participant data, post messages in the Water Cooler, access challenge utilization reports and view lists of participant emails for communication purposes.
- Client Tutorials: During Health Adventure client tutorials, a LifeBalance representative walks program administrators through each component of Step It Up and the various functions that administrators can perform.
- Utilization Reports: Utilization Reports are available for each Health Adventure Client and include:
- Real-Time Participant Summary
- Health Adventure Wrap-Up Report (Run at the end of the program, this report provides the Administrator with access to all data collected during, including feedback from end-of-challenge participant surveys)
- Challenge Promotion: LifeBalance works with all clients before and during Health Adventure to promote the challenge and to engage the employee population.Customized, client-branded introductory emails are sent to all employees in the weeks leading up to the challenge to encourage participation. Client-branded promotional posters specifically designed to promote Health Adventure are also provided. Posters can be customized for each client and can also be delivered electronically to client contacts.
Health Adventure Kick Off Fairs (optional) can also be held at client facilities as a means of promoting the challenge. These fairs have proven to be a highly successful method of encouraging challenge participation. At each fair, a LifeBalance representative will be on-site to promote the challenge, answer participant questions, assist with participant registration, distribute registration instructions and any other challenge materials. LifeBalance can also invite participating vendors who specialize in fitness, nutrition and/or weight management to attend kick-off fairs.
Additionally, for the duration of the Health Adventure Challenge, LifeBalance provides a custom message to employees each time they login to www.LifeBalanceProgram.com. This message encourages employees visiting other areas of the LifeBalance Program website to visit the Health Adventure page to register or to log activity.
LifeBalance Health Adventure Extras – The options listed below are available at an additional cost.
- Pedometers/ Activity Monitors
- Health Adventure Kick Off Fairs
- Additional Promotional Materials
- Onsite Promotional Events
- Health and Wellness Speakers
- On-site fitness classes
Download the White Page: Health Adventure Fitness Challenge (PDF)